TÜBİTAK 2221- Fellowships for Visiting Scientists and Scientists on Sabbatical Leave Support Program
TÜBİTAK-2221 Fellowships for Visiting Scientists and Scientists on Sabbatical Leave Support Program have been opened to invite resident scientists abroad to Turkey and to enable guest scientists to carry out all kinds of academic and R&D activities at Universities and Institutes in Turkey during the Academic Leave Period.
Requirements for Beneficiaries:
- Fellows can be citizen of any country.
- Fellows should have a PhD degree (or equivalent) or have at least five years of research experience.
- Fellows should be invited by a hosting institution in TURKEY, which can be universities, research institutions, or industrial companies with a R&D unit.
- Fellows on Sabbatical leave should be invited for duration of at least 3 months.
Applications must be made by the scientist responsible to TÜBİTAK who invited the guest. (The inviting scientist may invite more than one guest in the same application period, but a separate application must be made for each guest.)
The visiting scientist must be invited for a period of at least 7 days and at most 12 months.
Scope of the Fellowship:
- One-time travel expenses to and from Turkey
- 15,000.-TL/month living allowance for Guest Scientists
- 18,000.-TL/month living allowance for Sabbatical applications
- Health insurance for supported scientists for 3-12 months: 70 TL/month
For shorter than 1 month fellowship, the monthly amount will be paid by dividing by 30.
The program will always be open to application every month.
Click here for detailed information.
Click here for application.