The aim of the 2232-A Program is to promote qualified researchers who have come to the fore with top level scientific and/or technological achievements in their fields and who have experience to work in an international environment, to conduct their research in Turkey.
- Researchers applying to the programme are obliged to be working abroad as of the first day of the application
- Researchers, who will apply to the programme, shall not be located in Turkey more than 6 months within the last 3 years as of the first day of the application (except for force majeure and military obligations)
- Researchers who have completed their doctoral degrees and at least 4 years have worked for in a university or public research centre abroad as an at least assistant professor, team leader or carried out independent academic research. Graduate researchers who have 6-year full-time research experience abroad, provided that they work in private sector for a minimum of 3 years (Maximum 1 year of master degree (with thesis) completed abroad and maximum 3 years of doctoral degree completed abroad is evaluated within this scope)
Researchers with the above-mentioned study experience must also meet one of the following conditions:
- Being on the "Most Cited Researchers List" published by Thomson Reuters in any year within the last three years as of the first day of the application
- Working uninterruptedly for 12 months at least in an institution among those ranked below in any year within the last 5 years as of the first day of the application:
-The Top 2500 Companies Making R&D Spending in the World published by the European Commission Joint Research Centre
-Top 250 institutions in the sub-fields of health, higher education, public and private sectors according to Scimago ranking
-Successful Start-Up and Unicorn Companies with the Most Investment
The Scope of the Support and Amounts:
- Scholarship for the PI (24.000 TL /month)
- Family living expenses scholarship (if any), (2250 TL /month)
- Research starting package (1.000.000 TL)
- Research project support (720.000 TL)
- Scholarship for maximum five students (MSc student: 3500 TL /month, PhD student: 4500 TL /month, Post-Doc researcher: 6000 TL /month)
- PIP for researchers (750 TL /month)
- Travel and health insurance support for the PI and her/his family (100 TL person, month)
- Overhead (3750 TL / month)
Duration: Minimum 24, maximum 36 months.
Application Deadline: June 2021 (Exact date has not been published yet.)
Click here for detailed information and proposal templates.