Solar Driven Chemistry is an initiative by DFG (German Research Foundation) to support collaborative work in the field of solar chemistry. The main purpose of the call is to support research projects in all sub-areas related to the conversion of small and abundant molecules such as carbon dioxide, water or nitrogen into more valuable, storable chemicals through solar radiation.
- Genetic engineering of plants
- Conversion by living organisms
- Biomass conversion
- Improvement or scale-up of known technologies, such as Fischer-Tropsch, methanol, hydrogen or syngas technologies, water electrolysis, etc., unless completely new catalysts are being developed
- Optimisation of established (photo-)catalytic systems
- Standard photocatalytic reactions (e.g., catalytic reactions using UV radiation)
- Thermal processes driven by solar energy (e.g. by concentrating solar power technologies etc.)
- CO2 concentration and storage
Participating Countries: Finland, France, Germany, Poland, Switzerland and Turkey.
Turkish applicants will be supported via TÜBİTAK 1071 Program.
Project Duration: Up to 36 months
Project Budget: Up to 720.000 TL (excluding PIP and Overhead)
Application Deadline: November 5, 2021 (for the 1st step application)
Click here for application.
Click here for detailed information.